41 swiss

Gunsmaniac

Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Location
Quebec
Where I can find 41 swiss brass? Because I buy a rifle this week, a vetterli or something like that and I want to shoot it. Do you have any information about this rifle? (years, where it was made...) The only things I know about this is that the rifle shoot rimfire ammuntion, and the one I buy is made to shoot centefire ammo.

Thank's!
 
Easily made from 348 winchester brass just shorten and run through die Lee makes dies.
 
Check out the "Swiss rifles" forum, under the Vetterli section and the reloading section. A lot of good reading.
Also this site has a section to help identify by maker & serial # what exact type of Vetterli you have and approximately when it was made.
If you are not well versed in reloading/casting and basic metal handworking, you might want to pass on this. In good shape, they are great rifles,
and fun to shoot, however a bit of dedication and work is involved. Making cases from 348 Win or Lebel brass just does not happen quick and easy, along
with getting a proper cast bullet to fit certain chambers. Take your time and read lots about this subject. If you still are enthusiastic about the idea....
well then welcome to the club so to speak. Lots of good people to help, but be careful and patient and remember these rifles are about 140 years old.
Cheers
Jaguar
 
Thank's for the links! I will read them to know more about the history of this rifle. After I'm going to try making ammo for it. I'm enthusiastic about the idea, I like making project!

I will write a message as soon as I find more info.
 
Back
Top Bottom