.43 mauser

Where you are matters.
.43 Mauser(aka 11x60mm Mauser) is expensive stuff. Isn't loaded by any of the major ammo makers.
Epp's doesn't list ammo, but call 'em anyway.
Shooter's Choice, in Waterloo, Ontario, wants $78.95Cdn per 20 for Bertram brass. These guys want $70 per 20. http://www.nofac.ca/index.htm
Uses a .446" bullet. Lyman makes a mold.
 
Where you are matters.
.43 Mauser(aka 11x60mm Mauser) is expensive stuff. Isn't loaded by any of the major ammo makers.
Epp's doesn't list ammo, but call 'em anyway.
Shooter's Choice, in Waterloo, Ontario, wants $78.95Cdn per 20 for Bertram brass. These guys want $70 per 20. http://www.nofac.ca/index.htm
Uses a .446" bullet. Lyman makes a mold.

The last gun show I was at you could pay between $4-7 a round, most of these were black powder collector vintage rounds, you probably don't want to shoot that stuff anyway. Besides the high value it's questionable if the brass would be safe to reload after the first boom. Mysticplayer can get the Bertram brass $72/20.

Wholesale carries the Lee dies, you might want to invest in the RCBS #22 shell holder vs what comes with the Lee die set. Alternatively Buffalo arms carries RCBS, 4D and Lee dies.

Fyi, if your shooting out of a model 1871 their nominal bore was a little bigger that the subsequent 71/84 models .451 vs .446. If in question I would slug the bore before I invested in a mould.

That NoFAC website is interesting but his prices are wow,incredibly high(for the guns anyway).
 
Last edited:
As for shell holders get 2 or 3. for me they would break the lip off when full length sizing. After a bit I realized that since mine is a single shot I neck siezed as best I could with the lee dies and crimped the bullet in.
Bought a bunch of gunshow original bp rounds, don't remember the prices. Decided to try a few to see how she would bark. Ouch, but what supised me was that every brass was split and not at the neck, also paper thin brass so not reloadable. Have fun with the old girl. It is a real joy to get these old girls shooting again
 
Back
Top Bottom