44-40 vs 44 special

That is not what I wanted to hear. A board dealer told me I could shoot a 44spl in this gun that is chambered in 44-40.

I have a couple guns (pistol and rifle) that I reload 44spl for, but I am unfamiliar with the 44-40.

Anymore info would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT** I see now that the 44-40 case is slightly tapered and uses a .427 bullet. Oh well looks like I need another set of dies, brass and bullets**
 
The 44-40 is about .015 larger in case dia than the 44Spec or 44 Mag so these cases will probably split when shot in a 44-40.
 
I 've seen the results of using a cast or swaged bullet meant for a 44-40 in a 44 special or 44 magnum. The .427 just slips out no accuracy.

Anyone want a box of 44-40 hornady they are free swaged bullets . Usless in my 44 lever actions. Pays to check the box. I'll give them to ya next time at EESA. No use to me.
 
Back
Top Bottom