I have come upon a small quantity (45) of excellent condition Dominion Cartridge Company (D.C.Co headstamp) made .44 colt ammo with a pointed round nose lead heal-base .451 diameter bullet and in what appears to be balloon head cases loaded with black powder with zero free space between bullet and powder.
Unfortunately the original box is long gone and I bought it loose in a plastic bag at a gun show.
Anybody know if this ammo is rare or not? all I can find out about this round is that it was in production from it's introduction with the US army in 1871 till the 1940's.
Here are some pictures to show what it looks like.
US military handgun cartridges.
The .44 colt is the 2nd round in between a .44 American on the left which was the first handgun cartridge adopted by the United States Military in 1870, next to a .45 Colt followed by the .45 Schofield, .38 Long Colt, a return to the .45 Colt and last the .45 ACP
Unfortunately the original box is long gone and I bought it loose in a plastic bag at a gun show.
Anybody know if this ammo is rare or not? all I can find out about this round is that it was in production from it's introduction with the US army in 1871 till the 1940's.
Here are some pictures to show what it looks like.
US military handgun cartridges.
The .44 colt is the 2nd round in between a .44 American on the left which was the first handgun cartridge adopted by the United States Military in 1870, next to a .45 Colt followed by the .45 Schofield, .38 Long Colt, a return to the .45 Colt and last the .45 ACP


















































