44 RF ammo..

oldiron

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Location
central Alberta
Has anyone had success building 44 RF ammo? Wondering if the French kits do .44? How do you order the French kit stuff? I have three old handguns, and now two rifles in RF. Time to make some smoke. Antique ammo is too much, and only 1/3 works, the rest is dinted-garbage. Also, is all .44 RF the same??
Thanks for now, Bill..
 
Just got some cases (different caliber mind you) from DGW with no problem. I would call them though.

Here is the DGW link. h t t p://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_101_287&products_id=8152
 
Last edited:
Friends have modified some 41 LC brass that I got on the EE. They use either a .390" or a .400" round ball?, powered with a Hilti cartridge.

At this time, I can't remember what colour of Hilti cart is used. Not very specific information I know, but I can check the details if you are interested.
 
I had high hopes for that dixie gun works product but I see I can't use it in my '66 Winchester:
These cases cannot be used in the 1866 Winchester and the Henry because the guns have two firing pin lugs.
 
I checked on Dixie, they do list .44 RF reloadables. They also have the tapered Burnside brass. And .577 brass. Lots of stuff I need, and was going to order BP Colt parts anyway.
Thanks for replies. should be fun.
 
Back
Top Bottom