So with the rain this past weekend I finally quit procrastinating and worked over my Reichsrevolver ( Some debate as to lineage on this piece ). The only internet reference I've ever found is right here in this pic. And that was it...this pic, no manufacturer; only a reference to it being a commercially built copy for private purchase by German officers, that's it
I didn't take pic's of the repairing, sorry. But I built up the bolt ( Cylinder stop makes more sense for a description IMO, but sera, sera right?) and filed it to fit, and built a new hand.
The timing is perfect now.
Now I need to build a DA sear from scratch, but that's another post I'd imagine. Perhaps pic's during the build and fitting would be a plan.
.
But I'd like to locate 6 rounds of .44 Russian ( mildly loaded BP of course) so I can do some more tuning on this old gal. I will be getting some empty .44 Magnum brass from my son as it's apparently the same as .44 Russian; just longer.
But a cylinder of loaded .44 Russian would help me to is far as diagnosing what this piece wants. I would expect to pay for it of course.
I'd hate to order a Lyman 310 loader in .44 Russian and find to it's not what this gun wants.
I know shipping loaded BP rounds is probably verboten so if anyone in SE AB can help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.
The other 3 pictures are not really germane to the post but post's with no pic's suck, right?
Thanks for your time.
tokguy
I didn't take pic's of the repairing, sorry. But I built up the bolt ( Cylinder stop makes more sense for a description IMO, but sera, sera right?) and filed it to fit, and built a new hand.
The timing is perfect now.
Now I need to build a DA sear from scratch, but that's another post I'd imagine. Perhaps pic's during the build and fitting would be a plan.
But I'd like to locate 6 rounds of .44 Russian ( mildly loaded BP of course) so I can do some more tuning on this old gal. I will be getting some empty .44 Magnum brass from my son as it's apparently the same as .44 Russian; just longer.
But a cylinder of loaded .44 Russian would help me to is far as diagnosing what this piece wants. I would expect to pay for it of course.
I'd hate to order a Lyman 310 loader in .44 Russian and find to it's not what this gun wants.
I know shipping loaded BP rounds is probably verboten so if anyone in SE AB can help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.
The other 3 pictures are not really germane to the post but post's with no pic's suck, right?
Thanks for your time.
tokguy


















































