44 S&W American

starpuss

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.6%
146   2   0
44 S&W American



I have an H&R bulldog in this cal that I would like to try out.

I had a look at buffaloarms and they sell brass and bullets for it.
But it looks like it would be real hard to find a cheap sell of dies for this cal.

What do you know about this cal?
 
44 S&W American



I have an H&R bulldog in this cal that I would like to try out.

I had a look at buffaloarms and they sell brass and bullets for it.
But it looks like it would be real hard to find a cheap sell of dies for this cal.

What do you know about this cal?

Sorry, I confused 44 Russian with your 44 S&W American.
 
i think it am going to make a order from buffaloarms

.430" 210 Grn. HB 20-1 Alloy 44 Colt etcSPG Lube Item #: 430210 $30.00 for 100
44 American Cases $59.00 for 100


or maybe ill pick up a lyman bullet mould in .430


.44 S&W American
Type Revolver
Place of origin USA
Production history
Produced 1869?-1940?
Specifications
Bullet diameter .434 in (11.0 mm)
Neck diameter .438 in (11.1 mm)
Base diameter .440 in (11.2 mm)
Rim diameter .506 in (12.9 mm)
Case length 0.91 in (23 mm)
Overall length 1.44 in (37 mm)
Rifling twist 1:20
Primer type large rifle
Ballistic performance
Bullet weight/type Velocity Energy
205 gr (13.3 g) (factory load) 682 ft/s (208 m/s) 212 ft·lbf (287 J)
218 gr (14.1 g) 660 ft/s (200 m/s) 196 ft·lbf (266 J)
200 gr (13 g) (max) 810 ft/s (250 m/s) 296 ft·lbf (401 J)
205 gr (13.3 g) (Lyman #429478) 800 ft/s (240 m/s) 291 ft·lbf (395 J)
 
Starpuss, I don't think Buffalo is going to send you any bullets or brass to Canada, ITAR BS. The bullet mould might be your best bet.
 
It's a recent change, that I heard from a friend who had his order rejected. As it was not my direct experience don't take my word for it, I would give them a call to verify.
 
I just tried to order from BufArms last week, bulk bullets-wont ship....45-70 brass-wont ship... Lyman mold-okay to ship...Track of the Wolf-no problem shipping any of it
dB
 
Back
Top Bottom