.44 Special - who carries bulk

If you can actually find .44 Special, count on spending around $40.00 per box of 50. The upside is that it is a pretty inexpensive cartridge to reload with cast bullets.

Out of curiosity, what sort of gun do you have in .44 Special?
 
so much for .44 special

I have two .44's - Super Blackhawk 7.5" that I was looking for a lite load for target shooting (will just have to load lite magnums I guess)
Also have a new REdhawk 4.2" coming, wanted special as I figured (wrongly) cheaper than 44 mag. But as I said, I will just load magnums to specials specs and call it a day.
 
Look in the reloading section. Downloading .44 mag has been discussed there a few times. You certainly don't need .44 Sp brass to do it with either.

Reloading will let you take them down to the point that the bullets won't make it out the end if you really want.
 
I agree; just use .44 Magnum brass to duplicate .44 Special ballistics and save yourself having to scrub the chambers every time you change over to full power loads. My reduced load is 5.5 grains of Titegroup with a 240 grain cast SWC.

By the way, most .44 Magnum dies can also be used for .44 Special.
 
"...looking for a lite load for target shooting..." .44 Special brass and ammo is expensive and not easy to find. Load .44 Mag brass to .44 Special specs.
 
Back
Top Bottom