45-70 gov

cman

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
371   0   1
Anyone know who has 45-70 ammo in stock?
Ive contacted a few places, but most dont have any?
I need to do some shootin!:50cal:
 
Cabelas does (remington and federal). So does Wholesalesports (at least remington is in stock in Winnipeg). If you're shooting a ruger #1 or lever gun, there are other (more expensive) options available.

Wholesalesports used to carry a 405Gr hard cast FP made by cactus plains which sold for about $60/250 (for the bullet). These are my 'plinker' rounds (46Gr 4198 CCI BR primers, remington brass). They do about 1800fps out of a 18.5" bbl and group about 1" at 100 yards for me. I can send you a few if you like. The experience will probably be enough to get you into reloading.

I reload my own 99% since I find the factory ammunition to have horrible accuracy.

If you don't want to reload your own, I'll happily buy your once fired brass to help subsidize your factory ammo ;-)
 
Be prepared for sticker shock too:eek:. Most recent pricing I saw here was $34.99 for Federal 300g, $45 for Remington 300g, and $50 for Fusion, and those were the cheapest(in Calgary)! Reloading is the answer for that beast.
dB
 
Back
Top Bottom