45-70 Question

Shooters Choice have this one , 30" barrel, long range Creedmore for $1245.00

S870.jpg


Budget in a couple hundred or so for a good long range tang sight
e.g. Soule long range @ Buffalo Arms.

I've owned the Pedersoli Sillhouette Sharps :D:D very impressed with it.
Cheers nessy
 
Shooters Choice have this one , 30" barrel, long range Creedmore for $1245.00

S870.jpg


Budget in a couple hundred or so for a good long range tang sight
e.g. Soule long range @ Buffalo Arms.

I've owned the Pedersoli Sillhouette Sharps :D:D very impressed with it.
Cheers nessy

Hello Nessy Long time no see lol. Been looking at shooters choice. Its the rear sight that I am looking at. Marstar has long range sights too .

"Soule Type" Long Range Creedmoor Rear Sight
The "Soule type" tang sight is the world-wide choice of both target shooters and hunters. High precision Creedmoor sight with 4" (101,6 mm) elevation. One full turn of the windage knob changes the left or right aim point by 2.5 minutes of angle (in ½ minute increments). Quick and accurate return to center or previous setting is another big advantage. Ample windage movement for any shooting conditions. Distance between the two mounting holes: 23/16" up to 25/16" (56 up to 58,2 mm). was curious about that one. My BP bug getting worse Nessy!!
 
I would recommend, the long range vernier with micrometer adjustment, (so you can adjust without getting out of position)with the "hadley eye cup" (different size peep holes)
I just noticed the pic I posted shows a single trigger, personally I prefer the dble set.
There's a sillhouette shoot at Heffley in June, Fri night they have sort of a reloading/shooting seminar, great palce to learn from the pros.
Cheers nessy
 
I would recommend, the long range vernier with micrometer adjustment, (so you can adjust without getting out of position)with the "hadley eye cup" (different size peep holes)
I just noticed the pic I posted shows a single trigger, personally I prefer the dble set.
There's a sillhouette shoot at Heffley in June, Fri night they have sort of a reloading/shooting seminar, great palce to learn from the pros.
Cheers nessy

Just might have to make that!
 
Be careful looking at .45-70's
They are addictive.
I confess: I'm a .45-70'aholic.
I started with a Uberti Hiwall.
Then it was a '74 Sharps
Then it was a Rolling Block.
And I hear a Trapdoor calling me.
Please pray for me.
My wife doesn't help me break away from this addiction.
She even encourages it.
Pray for me.
I'm a .45-70'aholic.
 
Back
Top Bottom