While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Just finished putting this one together. Should make a good test platform .
30.0 inch long .45 cal ,16 twist MacLennan barrel, half octagon, 1" dia at muzzell, 16 power T series Weaver,
Well done, and very nice, Randy. I'll be looking forward to a range report and photos of the target. It may take a bit of experimenting to arrive at the right bullet and load for best accuracy, but that is part of the fun.
hope to give it a try on the weekend, I ordered an RCBS 530gr rn mould to try in it as the 16 twist should like heavier bullets. I'll work with it through the summer and then try some 1000 yd stuff next winter when the lakes are froze up north. Joy of the Ruger is their strength of course. Built like a brick.
MAde it to the range this morning . Nice day for shooting . Had the best results with some wheel weights cast in my 500gr LEE gas checked mould with a rather healthy load of AA-2015 in behind them. Group shows 6 shots , low one was the second shot fired and the group size was made then. (I didn't pay enough attention to where the forend was positioned in the front rest!) After that one I fired the other 4 rounds to produce the group shown. Tried some jacketed stuff but because of the rather quick twist and loooong throat, my results were poor with them. I have a mould ordered for 535 gr and will try again later.