.45 cal TC Cherokee

Huntsman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
287   0   0
Hey Guys n Gals,
So I'm buying a Cherokee.45cal when I get home, it comes with rb's but I was wonderingnif I can shoot a .452 cast pistol boolit (Lee 300gr .452 mold) out of it?
Cheers n Thanks,
 
Last edited:
Get a hammer....

Welcome to black powder! Sorry to say this, but the only way you are going to get a .452 round ball all the way down so it is tight against the powder charge is with a hammer. I'd suggest getting some .440 or .445 balls (or a mold) and some .015 or .010 patching material (pure cotton). I went through the same experience when I started and did not have the benefit of having anyone around to steer me in the proper direction. Needless to say, I managed to break my ram rod learning what i just explained.... It would pay off to find out if there is a black powder group at your local range. If there is try to go to some of the shoots they hold. Believe me it will pay off big time.

Cheers. Steve.
 
Right on Thanks. It comes with an RCBS double cavity mold so i'll stick with that and later I'll try out some Maxi-balls and eventually get a REAL boollit mold as well.
This is'nt my 1st muzzleloader but it is my 1st .45cal and I have a spare .452 mold so I thought I'd ask, Thanks again Steve :)
 
Ahhh..Thanks for the pointer Wade ;)
My intentions with this new bp gun is basically to add to my TC collection and for my kids to get started in the wonderful world of muzzleloading proper.
There wuz a .32 cal Cherokee on the EE but outta my price range. That would've been an nice shooter for kidz, however with the .45 I can load lighter.
 
Back
Top Bottom