45 Cowboy Special

have you tried the equevent of neck sizing 45 brass to reduce blow back

not sizing all the way down (size only top) only where the bullet is seated

Yes i did. I did not notice any difference. I am going to try annealing the brass. I'll see if that works.
It's not a huge issue, just a little more clean up time, and not much more at that.
 
They're referring to powder gases coming back around the case, due to ultra low pressure loads that don't seal the chamber with the with heavier brass cases. I run into it with .455 loads, dirty chambers, powder marks up the sides of the cases. Sounds like these thin neck cases will fix that.

That's what I thought, but I've always heard it called blow by. Thx. - dan
 
More of a thick rimmed .455, as the case is so thin, in fact it's just a thick rimmed .455 Mark I from what I understand...? I think the blow back term has something to do with cases setting back against the face of a revolver frame under ultra low pressure loads as well, which can cause binding. Also just due to the case not stretching out to the chamber walls tight enough.
 
More of a thick rimmed .455, as the case is so thin, in fact it's just a thick rimmed .455 Mark I from what I understand...? I think the blow back term has something to do with cases setting back against the face of a revolver frame under ultra low pressure loads as well, which can cause binding. Also just due to the case not stretching out to the chamber walls tight enough.

I Think you nailed it!:)
 
Back
Top Bottom