450 Marlin ammo

moosinaround

Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Anyone recommend a 350-450gr jacketed bullet for a 450 Marlin Guide gun. Rounds will be for hunting. Any distributers in Canada? Anyone heard of the buffalo Bore ammo? http://www.buffalobore.com/ Can you get it in Canada?

Thanks, Moosinaround
 
My Barnes #4 manual has data for their 400 grain FNSP bullet.
Sectional Density .272
Ballistic Coefficient .302
C.O.A.L. 2.510
Max Vel. 1936 fps (45.5 grains of AA1680)
I've no experience with this load, good luck!

I've seen nothing in stores other than the factory 325 FTX stuff.
Let us know if you find any thing else....anything. :(

And I thought I was the only 450 guy out there...:rolleyes:
 
I haven't shot it alot but the 325 grain Hornady leverevolution worked good on paper.I also haven't reloaded any yet.I'm still looking for dies for it.


IMG_0468-2.jpg
 
Found Hornady dies at BPS in Vegas.
To use the FTX pills, you need a diferent bullet seater, I ordered it direct from Hornady. Try to get the dies there too....

Cheers, G.
 
I own a blr in 450 marlin and plan on loading barnes tsx 300gr for it, I purchased the hornady dies and brass, I also plan on loading the hornady dgs 400gr and 500gr solid brass rounds just for fun to see how it will shoot. Gun shoots awesome with the 325gr leverlution or the 350gr hornady customs. I have looked at the buffalo bores site and wish I could get them here but I will load my own and let you know how it works out.
 
Loaded some 400 A-frame for my Steyr 450 Marlin, did not have a chance to tried them yet, but i am confident to push them at 2200 fps, the Steyr is a really strong action, will post target when it happen, should this be satisfactory, it will be my back up rifle for my first trip to Africa, my CZ 550 416 Rigby being the main one... JP.
 
Loaded some 400 A-frame for my Steyr 450 Marlin, did not have a chance to tried them yet, but i am confident to push them at 2200 fps, the Steyr is a really strong action, will post target when it happen, should this be satisfactory, it will be my back up rifle for my first trip to Africa, my CZ 550 416 Rigby being the main one... JP.
Where are you buying the 400gr A-frames from? As a reloading component right? That would be an excellent combo! Moosin
 
Just bought a bunch of A-Frame (3 calibers over a thousand bullets) at Cidistribution, but i think they are close now , i heard... JP.
 
Back
Top Bottom