450 webley

Rooster1416

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Quesnel B.c
Recently I purchased a webley 450 RIC. I am under the understanding that i can fire 455 ammo out of it. I purchaced a box of Fiocchi 455 mk 11 262 gr from a dealer who said that this is the ammo he uses, but after doing some research I have found some threads that state these shells wont do. Does anybody have any info or advice for me. Thanx.
 
In my experience with my RIC .450s, the .450 case is slightly shorter than the .455 Mk. II case, new .455 cases do not seat fully. If there is a heavy crimp, the rounds might chamber, but I do not think that firing them would be a good idea. While .455 Mk. II is not exactly a powerhouse, it is still hotter than the .450. The bullet is a lot heavier. And Fiocchi is reported to be on the stout side of .455 loads.
 
It really depends which RIC you have. They used and mixed so many cylinders on the RIC, it may just work, wait until you get them, they are save to fire, make sure they cycle properly with all cartridges in before you attempt to fire them. If they don't fit, you need a guy with a lathe make you some cases, either from 45 Colt or Webley II. Overall from what I have learned, the FIOCCHI ammo is save to fire and not too hot.
 
I have an RIC Webley and I can definitely chamber a MKII .455 the shorter smokeless variety never tried the longer black powder MKI.
I make my own .450 cases by cutting down .45 Colt rounds to .720 which is slightly longer than the specs for .450 at.690 and I thin the thickness of the rim, so a bit of mucking about, but it's fun to shoot.
 
Back
Top Bottom