.455 ammo who makes it?

Hornady makes brass if you reload. You might be able to get some from either Ellwood Epps or D.J. Friesen Imports (bcredneck.com).
 
I need to look into that im going to go with blackpowder loads and im going the easy rout and useing roundballs pressed in the end of the shell....any idea what diameter round ball to use? I have a number of difrent size 44 to 45 molds around here.
 
If you have molds, cast a few different sized balls and see which one fits the best in all of your chamber throats. Ideally, you want the bullet to just slip through with moderate finger pressure.

I believe that the original bullet diameter was .454"

Out of curiosity, what sort of gun do you have in .455?
 
Hornady makes brass if you reload. You might be able to get some from either Ellwood Epps or D.J. Friesen Imports (bcredneck.com).

I got Hornady brass from mysticplayer (member on the forum), and bullets from Bullseye Reloading Supplies, in Fairview, AB.

Mysticplayer gets a lot of stuff really fast from the US. Bullseye Reloading specializes in obsolete reloading components.
 
good lord, I tryed out that Dominion .455colt ammo of mine, glad I was holding on its pretty hot stuff.
 
Hi Tula theres a fellow in Torrington Alberta thats a Dealer for Fiocchi Ammunition .
Thats called Eagle City trading Post his name is Stan he may have 455 MkII heres his phone # 1-403-556-5768 he may be able to help you out .

Or like the others say Epp's in Orillia have the brass. I paid 17/50 for the brass from Epp's.

Ben Hunchak from Prince Albert Sask. makes an awesome .454 dia 250gr. RN bullet with an Ideal Antique Mold sells them for about 45/500 and hes a member in here so if you need bullets hes the man to talk too Good Luck in your quest for the 455's..
 
good lord, I tryed out that Dominion .455colt ammo of mine, glad I was holding on its pretty hot stuff.

:D Yes its got quite a thump to it eh.
I have shot it for years and its got more kick than any other Factory 455 Ammo.
Cant say what its presure is but it was made for the Colt new service revolver i think.
 
Hornady makes brass if you reload. You might be able to get some from either Ellwood Epps or D.J. Friesen Imports (bcredneck.com).

:D

Hornady makes brass if you reload.

If you don't reload & want to try it you can buy one of those Lee one armed bandit presses for less than $50 in Cabelas (formerly SIR) & LeBarons.

Another $50 or so will get you the dies.

They're slow as molasses going uphill in January but I've loaded boxes of .416 Remington Magnum ammo with one & they do the job.......a lot better than paying over $140 a box !

For hard to get, obsolete calibers like the .455 Webley & wildcats a reloading press is a necessary fact of life.
 
I'de like to know myself....I have mostly dominion colt.455 but I do have some older Kynoch stuff and I dont think its near as hot.
 
If your anywhere close to Red deer AB then the canadian tire south end had some or can order it if sold out
its hornady and was apx $25 for a box of 20 . i bought a box just in case i pick up a .455 its on my wish list lol
phone canadian tire and ask for James . he can order in all kinds of odd calibres too worth a phone call
101_0119.jpg

cantire.jpg
 
box of 50 rds of dominion colt.455 is worth 75 to 120 here in nova scotia....nasty high!! been picking up the odd round here and there to, one or two rounds at a time ....usely find them in mixed boxes of odds and ends bullets that guys bring in to the local gun shop.
 
Back
Top Bottom