5.7 x28

azone

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Am looking for some information on this cartridge such as velocity, use, is this a military round or not.
The reason I am asking is that I found a couple empty cases on our indoor range that is restricted to handgun cartridges and 22 rimfire only and would like to know more about it before I bring it to the rest of the board.
 
i own a five-seven, love it! 2100 ftp ;) this is the type of ammo i have. there is another type for military use, they are armour piercing, and i believe they are the same fps.

fn 5.7 handgun and ps90 use the same ammo.
 
CanAm, when are you guys going to stock up on this ammo??? so hard to find, if i take my 5.7 to the range, i shoot a couple times, VERY slowly, and just imagine shooting more.
 
We are working on importing some at the moment. Once I have more details I'll post it on here.

Ryan
 
The reason I am asking is that I found a couple empty cases on our indoor range that is restricted to handgun cartridges and 22 rimfire only and would like to know more about it before I bring it to the rest of the board.

Be sure to let us know when they give you a lollipop for being such a good little boy:rolleyes:
 
don't be a rat azone, i'm sure it's not a life-threatening situation if someone were to fire a round out of an evil pistol. let's not turn on our brothers, k? ;)
 
oh no you don't ! at 36 dollars per 50 rounds it's not cheap! 223 ammo is MUCH cheaper ;)

i've seen other places selling for 40/box of 50.
 
The round is not terribly likely to damage the clubs backstop. It is at best a handgun cartridge with sub .22 Hornet power.

If it does not meet the absolute letter of the club rule, I suspect it meets the intent. I'd be more worried about a guy shooting a .50 Desert Eagle damaging baffles than a 5.7 punching holes in one.
 
very true canuck, the 5.7 ammo available to civilians are not armour piercing rounds anyway, no way it's going through the backstop.
 
oh no you don't ! at 36 dollars per 50 rounds it's not cheap! 223 ammo is MUCH cheaper ;)

i've seen other places selling for 40/box of 50.

Ever hear of handloading? Dies and brass may not be cheap at start up, but they last..... and last....

I've got pistol bras that has been reloaded 10-15 times with nary an issue.

I've got .22-250 brass that's been reloaded 8 or 9 times as well.

I've got several hundred pieces of .223 brass that are waiting for a rifle.

I still want something in 5.7x28, in a nice, light weight bolt action.

Because I can.
 
i could not find any 5.7 bullets for reloading. would the 223 bullets fit in 5.7 cartridge ? or do you have to modifiy the crap out of it.
 
Back
Top Bottom