5.7 x28

nope, its not a prohib, just the armour piercing ammo is.

Be careful, as regular military round is considered "armour piercing round" and it has been sighted specifically in the law (I believe, no time to check for sure). Therefore, the rounds must be "sporting ammo" and not "surplus."

Avoid problems unless you 100% sure.
 
i could not find any 5.7 bullets for reloading. would the 223 bullets fit in 5.7 cartridge ? or do you have to modifiy the crap out of it.

hmm.... lessee.... anything in a 35-40 grain weight would probably do just fine.

I've got a pile of 40 grain Nosler BTs that would do the trick just fine.
 
It looks like a 223 Short. Any 40 gr Hornet bullet would be about right.

I wonder if one could make the brass out of 223 or 222 cases? Are the case head dimensions the same? The neck walls might need turning, I guess.
 
It looks like a 223 Short. Any 40 gr Hornet bullet would be about right.

I wonder if one could make the brass out of 223 or 222 cases? Are the case head dimensions the same? The neck walls might need turning, I guess.

at one point i wanted to relaod for 57 and get a fiveseven but reading on the fiveseven forum discouraged me.
-bullets and primers are not a big deal (on the fiveseven forum hornady bullets are the favorite)
-the dies.You can call in at Lee for a set of 5.7 custom dies they make them but don't list them. Redding also has them and so does Lyman.
-Now the brass is the main issue, they are coated. Attempts have been made to mimic factory ammo's coating but is a pita. So you have to reload once fired and you should not tumble it.

There is a shop that machines shellplates for dillon 550's but they never replied my e-mails nor were anyone in the shop when I called.



In the end, at this price, too much bs to handle with for a simple novelty restricted to 10 rounds. (Same logic goes for me and the ar-15). That saved me some cash:)
 
Back
Top Bottom