50-95Winchester Brass Avalability in Canada

DEZ

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Been Lookin for some Just cant find any I believe it can be formed from 348 win . or from 50 basic but was hoping to find some jamison or other brass that I don't have to mess with .
 
COTW-6 gives base diameter of original rounds as .562"

Should be able to get away with using .348 Winchester brass, just expanding the mouths, FL size.

For better life, use an O-ring or pony-tail rubber around the base on the FIRST firing.

Brass will expand to fit your chamber perfectly.... and it will do it concentrically: no weak side.

Good luck.

BTW, Jamieson will set you back 3 to 4 times the price of .348 and offers no real advantage. I'm cheap.
 
COTW-6 gives base diameter of original rounds as .562"

Should be able to get away with using .348 Winchester brass, just expanding the mouths, FL size.

For better life, use an O-ring or pony-tail rubber around the base on the FIRST firing.

Brass will expand to fit your chamber perfectly.... and it will do it concentrically: no weak side.

Good luck.

BTW, Jamieson will set you back 3 to 4 times the price of .348 and offers no real advantage. I'm cheap.

I've fire-formed 348 to fit my swedish 12.7x44 (essentially equivalent to 50-70 govt). Also tried progressive expansion of annealed 348 cases using dies. I found fireforming to work better.
 
Back
Top Bottom