While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I need to replenish my diminishing supply of ml boolits. Are there any sponsers that carry pre lubed maxis? Its tough being 54 in a 50 world. Not interested in RB or sabots, thanks.
Why not invest in some basic casting equipment and source out a supply of pure lead. Just add a little 50/50 bar solder for fill out and that's it. Get some T/C natural lube and you are ready to go. A supply of projectiles for when ever you need it.
Those things are silly expensive, start casting and you will be set for life. Doesn't take all that much to get into casting, pot, ladle, camp stove, mold and lead supply. An electric bottom pour lead melting pot can be sourced for $125 or less.
I appreciate the advice about rolling my own but my particular situation is low consumption and the simple economics of it make it a poor choice.
I have several 45-70 as well but once again only sighting in and hunting so I would have to be eating a bunch of hundreds of shots to win any gains.
I know there is satisfaction in casting your own but I have no desire. Also have a gallon paint can of wheel weights
Don't know where you can source some then. Was getting mine (50cal) from Whole Sale Sports (no longer exists) and Cabelas (no longer a stocked item). Even then, it was a crap shoot as to what grain Maxi they had in stock at any one time. Casting for me is now the only option.
Like you I only consume them in hunting quantities. Unlike you I was already casting for hand gun. A $30 investment in a mould and a single casting session produced a life times supply.
Not a sponsor, but Track of the Wolf in the US has some .54 bullets in stock, both Maxi-balls and Minie. I have no idea if they ship lead bullets to Canada, or what the costs might be. The bullets are about $0.50 USD apiece for Maxi and $0.70 for Minie, shipping extra. If you cannot locate a Canadian supplier, it is worth a shot checking with them...
Buy a bottom pour electric pot, and a Lee mould. Cast a few hundred or more in an evening and sell the pot and die . Expense will be next to nothing and your problem is solved.