56-52 Spencer rifle cartridges???

Willy Tincup

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
575   0   1
Location
Owen Sound
I have a few nice clean Dominion 'D' marked rimfire rounds that I believe [according to the measurements] are 56-52 Spencer rifle cartridges. They are straight walled and not the 56-52 necked version. I suspect they are pretty scarce, probably even rare. Does anyone have a good idea as to their value these days. I will probably offer them for sale one of these days. Thanks for any assistance.
 
worth a few bucks a piece dont think id shoot them dominion had a thing about puting smokeless in cartridges that had no business being loaded with smokeless

the .56-.52 case as .56-.56 od wise with just a slight taper on the .56-.52 . the .56-56 used a heel based bullet while the .56-.52 used a inside lubed bullet
 
No; the heeled bullet only has 1 groove and measures .522 on the driving band [including the oxidation... :)]. The brass is 1.04" long. All other measurements are just a couple thou less tham CotW measurements for the 56-52 rifle.
 
Back
Top Bottom