.577 snider enfield bullet mould ( .590 )

ht tp://www.buffaloarms.com/577_Snider_Bullet_Mold_it-700730.aspx?CAT=4158

Thats just a quick search. Not sure what the back-order timeframe would be or if they have other makes that are in stock.

Would also look to places like Dixie Gun Works or Track of the Wolf.
 
what rifle do you have a 5 or 3 groove british or nepal

if 3 groove its around 1 in 78" if its 5 groove its around 1 in 48"

3 groove will do good with .600 round balls and short conicals and the 5 groove will work with longer conicals

i have a hunting bullet designs(on paper right now) for both that i will have sent off to someone later on to get a mold's cut
 
I cast my own .590" balls for my sniders. I have tried every type conical that I could find over the years and can find none that will shoot as well as the .590 round ball. Short or long rifle, three or five groove. In a good Canadian marked snider they are unbeatable.
 
Thanks Guys, I'll see what I can come up with . Thanks for all the info. I'm new to the snider world but love shooting them......Stu
 
Thanks Guys, I'll see what I can come up with . Thanks for all the info. I'm new to the snider world but love shooting them......Stu

have fun there is many was of loading for them 24ga brass or plastic hulls and if your really having a hard time some paper around a 28ga hull with a .58 round ball will do ok for close range plinking
 
If you are trying to get away with 28-bore empties, be SURE you are shooting a Mark III with the Steel barrel and the IMPROVED BREECH LOCKING-BOLT.

A friend here was shooting modded 28s in his Mark II* (iron barrel, pin-type breech-lock) and the thing tried to go full-auto on him: hammer was slammed back to half-####, breech-block OPENED and the case EJECTED in a cloud of smoke and flame.

That shot cost him $320 for a new pair of glasses. The powder-burns healed okay.

I have the casing here. It is well and truly scrood.

Be safe!

Have fun!
.
 
If you are trying to get away with 28-bore empties, be SURE you are shooting a Mark III with the Steel barrel and the IMPROVED BREECH LOCKING-BOLT.

A friend here was shooting modded 28s in his Mark II* (iron barrel, pin-type breech-lock) and the thing tried to go full-auto on him: hammer was slammed back to half-####, breech-block OPENED and the case EJECTED in a cloud of smoke and flame.

That shot cost him $320 for a new pair of glasses. The powder-burns healed okay.

I have the casing here. It is well and truly scrood.

Be safe!

Have fun!
.

i had the same happen with my "cadet carbine" not fun i then found some older .57 snider brass(shorter then the .577 snider brass these were a cadet load)
 
Thanks Guys, I'll see what I can come up with . Thanks for all the info. I'm new to the snider world but love shooting them......Stu

Give this forum a look see;

ht tp://britishmilitariaforums.yuku.com/forums/2/Snider-Enfield-Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom