I seem to have lucked upon a stalled 577 snider restoration project ( that luck comes to two flavors, I know).
I'd purchased a 2 boxes of misc gun parts from an friend and it's got the missing parts off of the Snider in-progress I'd noticed. Butt plate, sidelock, barrel bands, trigger and most likely much more ( should see the stuff...set of original Luger wood grips, used check...wow, where does this stuff come from?)
I do not have pic's of the rifle but it will suffice to say to wood is toast.
Buy & attempt it or part it out?
I know very little about Snider rifle's. Anything that is a deal breaker or holy grail that I should look for when inspecting this project rifle?
I know; this thread is useless without pic's. But to get pic's I'll have to commit to the rifle more than likely.
Tackling something that is beyond my capabilities is not in my plans for the winter.
But it won't wait too long for me to decide; I'm going to have to **** or get off the pot on this one.
That's why I'm asking the Snider guru's for an opinion or push in the right direction.
Thanks for your time.
tokguy
I'd purchased a 2 boxes of misc gun parts from an friend and it's got the missing parts off of the Snider in-progress I'd noticed. Butt plate, sidelock, barrel bands, trigger and most likely much more ( should see the stuff...set of original Luger wood grips, used check...wow, where does this stuff come from?)
I do not have pic's of the rifle but it will suffice to say to wood is toast.
Buy & attempt it or part it out?
I know very little about Snider rifle's. Anything that is a deal breaker or holy grail that I should look for when inspecting this project rifle?
I know; this thread is useless without pic's. But to get pic's I'll have to commit to the rifle more than likely.
Tackling something that is beyond my capabilities is not in my plans for the winter.
But it won't wait too long for me to decide; I'm going to have to **** or get off the pot on this one.
That's why I'm asking the Snider guru's for an opinion or push in the right direction.
Thanks for your time.
tokguy


















































