6.5x50mm Arisaka, Available?

F-Tang

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Does anyone happen to know where, if anywhere, one can find 6.5x50mmSR Japanese Arisaka rounds, and if so, what are costs usually? It seems like a very uncommon round, less popular than the 7.7mm, but wiki says it's available from Norma and Hornady. I understand wiki may not be the most reliable of sources, or may only think of the US, so this is why I ask, does anyone know of a retail source in Canada, or would one have to hunt around at gun shows?
 
i've seen it twice, once it was 2 boxes of norma at a little gunstore. the other time was wholesale sports in calgary had some milsurp rounds (200 or so), they wanted a buck a piece for it.
 
I bought 7.7mm Jap (Norma) from Ellwood Epps recently for $40/box of 20. They used to stock 6.5mm Jap but I don't see it listed it on their website anymore, give them a call them anyway. I've had some luck at gunshows but don't expect it to go for cheap, even the old Norma ammo is being sold for nearly $2/rnd. If you reload, keep in mind that the older Norma cases were not quite to spec and will buldge out even more than newer Norma brass (all Jap brass fired out of Type 38 and 99 Arisakas seem to buldge near the base due to generous chamber dimensions). If you reload, some folks re-size to 6.5mm Jap using 220 Swift cases, but the case head dimensions are slightly smaller. Better than nothing, I guess.

Hang in there, though, the 6.5mm Jap is a wonderful, accurate round that's easy on the shoulder (but will steal your wallet when you're not looking!)

BANZAI!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom