7.62 NATO Ball still hard to find?

If all you care about is going bang then any 'surp' will suffice, my experiences with the surplus on the market out of my 700P :

Portugese .7 @ 100 meters
South African 2.0 @ 100 meters
Wolf 2.0 + @ 100 meters
IVI 2.5 @ 100 meters

The 'port' is worth every penny....up to 1.00 a round;)
 
International Firearms....$99 per Thousand Rounds:eek::eek:.....that was a FEW years ago.....damn, if a guy only knew.....:kickInTheNuts:
 
1500 rounds (300 X5 boxes) of what I am told is Czech 7.62X51mm Berdan (I'll know 100% for sure tomorrow when I take it out) primed for 64.5c per round ($967.00) plus one pay it forward. (markings are 308W, O O, 82)

If it's Boxer then I guess I'll save more because local reloaders will buy the brass for $2.00 per 20 and sell it back to me for $10.00 per 20 reloaded which makes the reload 50c.
 
Last edited:
If all you care about is going bang then any 'surp' will suffice, my experiences with the surplus on the market out of my 700P :

Portugese .7 @ 100 meters
South African 2.0 @ 100 meters
Wolf 2.0 + @ 100 meters
IVI 2.5 @ 100 meters

The 'port' is worth every penny....up to 1.00 a round;)

Interesting, other then drop, I'm getting close to the same results with Port or SA, .75 to 1.0 at 100 meters.
 
No doubt about it, .308 is so far into ridiculous territory it's makes me cry. I stocked in about 6K of South African, Portuguese, and US Federal over-run right as the prices really started to heat up 2 years ago (at about 40 cents a round), and thought I had taken it in the backside. Boy...If I had only known. I tumbled the surplus, and put it all in air-tight containers. Not much of it has seen the light of day since. I'm too scared to run dry on it.

I don't shoot .308 much these days, and it really makes me sad. It's my favorite round, and should be as common and cheap in North America as .22LR. I just can't understand how it got so high. Oh well, surely it MUST come back down. It's darn near the most popular hunting round in North America for Medium Sized game!
 
Last edited:
2 bricks of American Eagle 150gr of 200 per.. I saw they were asking $219.99/200rds.

P&D Ent had them, it is the only place I saw that had commercial .308 ball in stock.
 
308

So let me get this straight...If I had 2 ammo cans of 1986 IVI 308.... 1 unopened and the other opened,but only half a bandoleer used....all with the cardboard sheath and on stripper clips..I can get a buck a round???:dancingbanana:
 
You guys have to be kidding me...2 dollars a round...I paid 50 bucks for both cans years ago..I think 800 to a can less one bandoller in one can.WOW!! I am rich.I can just about trade it for some gold medal match.
What is my c77 ball ammo worth?I have a case of it(2 cans)just pulled from the wooden crate!!




Maybe, but the question is, do you want to buy it back later at 2 bucks a round?
 
I have seen battlepacks retail for $140.00 for SA and on EE for $115.00 pre-shipping.

It's not hard to find 65c surplus or 50c handloads. I wasn't into target shooting when ammo was as cheap as I see here. If it was I would have stockpiled a "reasonable" amount. :)
 
What would 100 rounds of 7.62 Nato, 147 grain, corrosive and reloadable be worth versus the same specs except not reloadable?

Chinese Copper Wash? Not very much. I won't shoot that stuff myself. It's underpowered, not very reliable, and my FAL simply won't feed it. Steel Case is not re-loadable, and I've never heard of Brass Cased .308 that was "corrosive."

Brass Cased, re-loadable, ball .308 should be no higher than 25 cents a round IMO, and that's kinda high. .18 cents, now we're talkin'!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom