7.62 surplus identification and palma 7.62 ammo

RidingHood

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys,
We've got a bunch of 7.62x51 surplus here and was wondering if anyone could shine a light on the origin or reputation on quality. The headstamps are:

MAL 7.62 4-82
I know its 7.62 made in 4th month of 82. origin? any good?

second
7.62x51 0.F.N.19.70
any ideas?

Thanks nato nutz.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for that link, thats pretty cool.

Found this palma 7.62 ammo at a gun show and it looked pretty cool so I grabbed it. Anyone ever see this stuff before? Is it pretty common?

This first one is an FMJ bullet and no weight written on the box.
2012-02-22200215.jpg

2012-02-22200238.jpg

2012-02-22200407.jpg


This one clearly says 155gr and its a hollow point match bullet.
2012-02-22200656.jpg

2012-02-22200715.jpg

2012-02-22200556.jpg
 
I've been to quite a few gun shows and I haven't seen any Palma Match ammo before, I would imagine that it would be collectible to a cartridge collector.
IIRC Sierra developed the 155 grain Matchking specifically for the Palma Match ammunition.
I think that is pretty cool too, the boxes look to be in excellent condition, nice find.
 
Back
Top Bottom