7.62 x 39 in southern AB?

boomer49

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hi guys,

Does anybody know of a source for case-lots (1200) of surplus 7.62 x 39 in southwest Alberta? I prefer driving a reasonable distance (on a nice day), rather than paying shipping costs.

It would be for an SKS that I'm thinking of buying ... so I might as well add, "Does anybody know of a source for a decent SKS in
southwest Alberta? I prefer driving a reasonable distance (on a nice day), rather than ordering sight-unseen.

Thanks!
 
Things Military in Calgary has 1200ct cases for $199 (or at least they were a week or so ago). It's really nice stuff and fairly new as well.

And no, I'm not shilling for the store, I personally wouldn't deal with the guy again, but that's just me.

As for the SKS, Wholesale sports has them, but I don't know the price. I think you'll do better buying from an online dealer then in-store.
 
I think wholesale is sold out on 7.62x39, as is shooting edge. Not 100% sure but i believe so.
I think the canadian tire off southland drive has crates left not sure on the price

sks's u can find good ones at shooters edge and wholesale.
If your looking for one with abit more to it (in condition) Roger at shooters choice in arrow wood alberta (just south calgary)
has this one
SimonovSKS.JPG

SIMONOV SKS Scarce version of a Russian SKS with Golden bayonet. Excellent condition i think he is asking $325
more then the ones at other stores but from what i understand a really good condition and rare verson.
 
Thanks

Hey guys,

Lots of good info there ... thanks very much.

I didn't know that Wholesale Sports was stocking/selling SKS rifles. I live north of the Crowsnest Pass, so the most reasonable option would be the store in Lethbridge.

Can anybody offer any info on whether the Lethbridge store has any SKS's? If so, any specifics re: the background, condition and pricing.

Again, many thanks.

Boomer
 
The $20 your going to save on shipping buying locally is going to look like chump change by the time you burn 1/2 tank of gas driving to Lethbridge/Calgary.
 
yeah but sometimes its better to drive and be able to look at the gun first hand before u buy it.
If i were ever to buy a sks i would want to see if first hand before i bought it.
 
Country mouse ...

Hey,

For me, a round-trip to sunny Calgary from the CNP is 'way North of $20 ...

Plus a whole day on-the-road and then all them "Battle of Britain" flanking moves on the Deerfoot 500 ... a not-needed anxiety ...

Now ... a once-a-month-trip down to Lethbridge to get my dentures tightened and eat some great Vietnamese food ... and to return with a couple of Tops # 5 or #3 pizzas ...

Priceless ... :)

CR
 
Del Selin in Vernon has SKS rifles at $219.00 and laminate stocks ones for $239.00. Look to be pretty good condition.

His ammo is $199.00 for 1000 rds I think?? Shipping will kill the price however.
 
Back
Top Bottom