7.62 X 39 Norinco China Sport soft point

LawrenceN

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
248   0   0
Has anyone used this for hunting? If so, any information on how it performed for you in terms of penetration & expansion? It's obviously not reloadable, but is it corrosive? How much does it normally retail for per box (20rnds)? Any information would be muchly appreciated. Thanks.
 
Steel case, non corrosive, it's killed at of deer around here. I sold alot of it awhile back. 8 to $10 is a fair price unless you are buying in volume. Did you get it at a show?
 
I shot a bear with this.....

I ended up shooting a 6'10" cinnamon bear with this type of ammo when my 45-70 jammed up on me.... It was all I had as a backup gun so when I finally cought up to him, I double tapped him (1/4'ed away) with the SKS behind the right shoulder and both bullets were on the other side of his left shoulder under the skin and about 1.5" apart.... Both were expanded to around 5/8" and and still had 90% of the bullet intact.

The bear only ran 20 yards. I'd say the are great for Hunting...

Gord.
 
I ended up shooting a 6'10" cinnamon bear with this type of ammo when my 45-70 jammed up on me.... It was all I had as a backup gun so when I finally cought up to him, I double tapped him (1/4'ed away) with the SKS behind the right shoulder and both bullets were on the other side of his left shoulder under the skin and about 1.5" apart.... Both were expanded to around 5/8" and and still had 90% of the bullet intact.

The bear only ran 20 yards. I'd say the are great for Hunting...

Gord.
Thanks Gord, between you and the ammo source (who are great guys to deal with FYI), I'd feel confident taking it for deer next year, depending on whether or not my SKS likes it.
 
Someone came in today and was telling me they have shot three bear with that ammo as well.

Ryan
 
I have a few rounds left...bought a couple boxes at LeBarons (Ottawa) for $4.97/20, about 12+(?) years ago. It's the 351/94 manufacture.

It has whacked many cattle over the years. :)

Any reason why we can't get any more of this ammo direct from China, at a decent price?
 
I have a few rounds left...bought a couple boxes at LeBarons (Ottawa) for $4.97/20, about 12+(?) years ago. It's the 351/94 manufacture.

It has whacked many cattle over the years. :)

Any reason why we can't get any more of this ammo direct from China, at a decent price?


Ammunition/explosives are not allowed to be offloaded at the Vancouver port. Chinese ammunition/guns can not stop at a US port... Finding a direct route from China to Montreal is not cheap; also the Chinese have jacked the price of their ammo to it being about 1 buck per round of non-corrosive steel FMJ cased landed here. Not much in it for the importers at that price when one can by brass cased reloadable for cheaper. The glory days of 1200 round crates of Norinco Silverbox for 130 bucks are gone I am afraid.
 
Ammunition/explosives are not allowed to be offloaded at the Vancouver port. Chinese ammunition/guns can not stop at a US port... Finding a direct route from China to Montreal is not cheap; also the Chinese have jacked the price of their ammo to it being about 1 buck per round of non-corrosive steel FMJ cased landed here. Not much in it for the importers at that price when one can by brass cased reloadable for cheaper. The glory days of 1200 round crates of Norinco Silverbox for 130 bucks are gone I am afraid.

Does that include Surrey as well?

I think most containers go there anyways.
 
Surrey, Tswassen, Vancouver; all are under the umbrella "Port of Vancouver" IIRC.
Just bought 1014 rnds of the Norinco sport, blue/white box stuff for $50! Right place, right time kinda thing.
I hate you spacesaver
:mad:
That's less then half for what I pay for the corrosive check stuff.
You are 1 lucky b@$t@rd.
 
Back
Top Bottom