7.62 x 39 Soft Points....?

I have just the bullets. I think igman and s&b make it loaded. We can't get any factory x39 from the states right now.
 
I think you would have to reload them in order to get you hunting ammo. And yes FMJ is illegal to hunt with pretty much everywhere i think. Its not very ethical.
 
Frontier has Privi soft point ammo by the 20 round box for $20 If i remember correctly. Picked up 4 boxes, I havent shot any yet so I cant comment on how the accuracy is
 
Igman's is way better. Boxer primed brass soft point's that give you about 2" at 100 out of my CZ 858. For $20 a box, it's well worth it cuz you can reload them a ton of time's! Also they come sealed in a plastic wrap 100 round lot. So they will stay good for a long time. I tried the Privi stuff and I don't think it's all that great. Defiantly not worth $20 a box of 20. If your on a budget try to find some Norinco soft point's. They are steel cased through away but for $12 a box of $20 and I can get 3" group out of my sks with irons at 100. It's about the best thing I have come to for a hunting cartridge for the x39 in the disposable category. I got both Norinco and Igman's if you can't find any but I can only part with a small amount.
 
"...LEGAL to hunt with FMJ in Ontario..." Yep, but don't hunt deer with 'em.
"...no place in CANADA that sells them?..." Shooter's Choice, in Waterloo, lists Remington 125 grain SP's at $29.95 per 20. Epp's carries 7.62 x 39 hunting ammo as well. Have a look in LeBarons too.
 
So there is no place in CANADA that sells them..?

I've "heard tell" of them at Wal-Mart near Simcoe ;), but I cannot in good faith say anything factual about Wal-Mart's anymore unless I've recently seen their stock :rolleyes: (for the ones I know in ON, they've changed their inventories too fast, in the past :().
 
"...but why?..." They're not made to expand. Makes a wee hole going in and coming out, if it does go through. An SP will expand in a deer.
 
allright... thanks a lot guys..i'll check it out.... In general is FMJ more accurate then SP

or is it other way around..?
 
FMJ is often military surplus and not overly accurate. That being said, FMJ and SP aren't inherently more accurate than ecah other really.
 
Check with Al Simmon's Gun Shop in Hamilton as I've seen some there from Eastern Europe, not Sellier & Bellot stuff. It wasn't cheap though as I remember it was about $18for 20 rounds. I didn't but any so I can't comment on accuracy.
 
Just bought some 123gr S&B softpoints today from the local gunshop .
Pricey...but I should only need one ;)
Over the last 36 yrs of hunting that I know of , FMJ's are not to be used for hunting.
 
the last time i went to centre recreatif des armes a feu de montreal CRAFM (supporting dealer) he had 7.62x39 SP ammo
there is also P&S militaria that sells soft points
you should contact them and see if they ship to you and if the shipping doesnt offset the savings
 
Back
Top Bottom