7.62 x 39 Soft Points....?

I stumbled across this store....Wanstalls. Never heard of them myself. They advertise S&B 7.62x39 123gr soft points - $24 a box

They are in Maple Ridge , BC. Their website is not bad, check it out.
 
My local store sells Federal soft point 123 grainers for about 22 bucks a box. But can't you just take a file to the FMJ bullet tips and make them hollowpoints?? I can't imagine that not working well to some degree. ......... At least worth a try in a bullet box to check expansion.
 
Winchester actually makes 123gr sp ammo in their "Power Shok" lineup. I found some at my local Can Tire once upon a time, and this ammo is still listed in the Winchester site. Usually it's easier to get Prvi Partisan though - I heard theirs was pretty good, too.
 
If your in the lowermainland and need some I have some for 20 a box and you don't have to pay tax. $24 plus tax and there not even Ingrams sounds like a;
:kickInTheNuts:
 
fmj rounds aren't meant to kill a person, they are just meant to put him out of action. Thus tiring out the guys that have to go out in the field, jungle, swamp etc. to get him. Wasting fuel hauling his ass back to a hospital. Tiring out the doctors who have to patch him up. Wasting valuable medical supplies and food resources keeping him alive while he can't fight. Disrupting the enemy's supply while it is under stress can do allot of damage. They were designed for war and when at war it's better to strain the war effort of the enemy rather than kill everyone. Alot harder to fix a man up to get him back on the front than it is to grab a "new" one and give him a rifle.

It'll kill a deer, he just wont flop in his tracks most likely. Same with a person.
 
Back
Top Bottom