7.62 x 39

Cheap and non-surplus don't go together for 7.62x39 or any other centerfire calibre. To avoid FMJ and/or steel cored bullets you need to buy soft point hunting ammo and that is not at all cheap.


Mark
 
Try The shooting edge ( banner at top of this page ). I picked up some MFS ammo 500 rounds for $180. Its mild steel jacket and not steel core. That is the cheapest i found. Finding non FMJ that's cheap is hard to do.
 
Use

mostly indoor range which does not allow steel ammo. Also hunting. I heard that FMJ is not good and that I should use soft ammo as per the expansion.

Also Can Ammo said buy surplus and "pull" the bullet? what does that mean?

Thanks
 
mostly indoor range which does not allow steel ammo. Also hunting. I heard that FMJ is not good and that I should use soft ammo as per the expansion.

Also Can Ammo said buy surplus and "pull" the bullet? what does that mean?

Thanks

For hunting you can't use (not in alberta atleast) FMJ for hunting, nor can u use steelcore so your right.

set out, use or employ any of the following items for the purpose of hunting big game:


ammunition that contains non-expanding bullets

http://albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/genregs.html

As for pull the bullet what Can ammo means is to buy new bullets soft points, pull the old bullets the FMJ out of the currently loaded casings, and repress the new Soft points in their place.
 
Back
Top Bottom