7.62mm non corrosive ammo. Canadaammo.com

Matt_dal123

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hello all,

I recently received my 900 rounds of 7.62 x 51 ammo from Canada ammo. It's great stuff! Ok so when it arrives it does come in links of five. I'm
Guessing that the ammo was originally destined for a belt fed weapon but instead its broken down into sets of five. Most say it's a pain in the ass to split it. Ok it is a little! BUT come on, the price, the condition an the quantity more than makes up for it. There is a video on you tube of opening it etc and what it comes as. I don't reload so dont ask me how it does when it's reloaded. But I har had NO problems using it. Good ammo. Well worth the buy and would recommend it.

Best way to split the stuff is using pliers an peeling them bak from one another. Very easy to do! Just thought if make this thread so anyone who wants good quality bulk ammo of this kind can make a more confirmed decision.

Enjoy
 
Hello all,

I recently received my 900 rounds of 7.62 x 51 ammo from Canada ammo. It's great stuff! Ok so when it arrives it does come in links of five. I'm
Guessing that the ammo was originally destined for a belt fed weapon but instead its broken down into sets of five. Most say it's a pain in the ass to split it. Ok it is a little! BUT come on, the price, the condition an the quantity more than makes up for it. There is a video on you tube of opening it etc and what it comes as. I don't reload so dont ask me how it does when it's reloaded. But I har had NO problems using it. Good ammo. Well worth the buy and would recommend it.

Best way to split the stuff is using pliers an peeling them bak from one another. Very easy to do! Just thought if make this thread so anyone who wants good quality bulk ammo of this kind can make a more confirmed decision.

Enjoy

nice, i ordered some about a week ago. i wanted some cheap stuff to plink with.
 
TIP: rubber hammer and the wood crate and you can delink a case in 10 minutes

Pliers would take forever (my initial try was to pry them off:redface: with a screwdriver).

Ended up putting the bullet tip against the edge of the case and struck the empty link beside it with a rubber mallet. This drives the bullet backwards and out. Took me about 45 min. I sold/traded the links to an interested party at a local shop.
 
Pliers would take forever (my initial try was to pry them off:redface: with a screwdriver).

Ended up putting the bullet tip against the edge of the case and struck the empty link beside it with a rubber mallet. This drives the bullet backwards and out. Took me about 45 min. I sold/traded the links to an interested party at a local shop.
Yes, mine is much the same but I put the tip of the link on the crate and strike the bullet.
 
Yes, mine is much the same but I put the tip of the link on the crate and strike the bullet.

I used to de link ammo in the army all the time. I likes rubber mallet idea. But it took me 20mins to delink with a pair of pliers. Grab the first bullet with your fingers. Pull it off clean. Then using the pliers, grab the metal link and face the bullets towards you. Then just pull back on te link. Off it comes. So simple, so easy and very fast. I don't have a rubber mallet either lol. Thanks Canada ammo aswell. Great deal. May get more. How much do you have left?
 
Pliers would take forever (my initial try was to pry them off:redface: with a screwdriver).

Ended up putting the bullet tip against the edge of the case and struck the empty link beside it with a rubber mallet. This drives the bullet backwards and out. Took me about 45 min. I sold/traded the links to an interested party at a local shop.


Interesting. What shop did you sell it to?
 
Probably corrosive? Steel cased? I was going to get corrosive but have heard really bad things about using that sort of ammo. And our range banned steel cased :(
 
anyone shoot this stuff yet how is it??

I shot some last weekend.

I shot 20 rounds total to compare.

10 rounds of Canada ammo non corrosive 762.51 and 10 rounds of commercial soft points.

Groupings were exactly the same and it was hard to tell which shot was which.

The rounds shoot excellent and i wouldn't hesitate to buy more in the future.
 
Back
Top Bottom