7.62x25 mm corrosive?

floriosean1

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Location
uxbridge
i know the russian 7.62x39mm military surplus stuff is corosive and needs cleaned well after every use, but what about the 7.62x25mm stuff? i'm assuming it is but i'm just wondering
 
When in doubt clean for corrosive. Isn't a big deal though. Just involves flushing the firearm(including the gas system on a semi-auto) with plain, very, hot water, then clean as per normal.
 
thanks thats what i figured, i clean the tokarev and sks thoroughly after each use, i just seem to hear the terms 39mm and corrosive used together constantly, but never corrosive and 25mm
 
I forgot to clean my Tok once after using surplus, and remembered a week later. :eek: Took everything apart and found no rust. I run a dehumidifier all summer long near my storage room, so I'm sure that helped.
 
Back
Top Bottom