7.62x25 Price Qn...I may be able to get some in

I have both a Soviet TT33 and a CZ52. I purchased two cases of Czech surplus some time ago. Each gun has over 1000 rounds through it with no issues.

Hard to believe that a Czech designed and manufactured gun (CZ52) would not be able to handle Czech designed and manufactured ammunition of the same era.
 
i have both a soviet tt33 and a cz52. I purchased two cases of czech surplus some time ago. Each gun has over 1000 rounds through it with no issues.

Hard to believe that a czech designed and manufactured gun (cz52) would not be able to handle czech designed and manufactured ammunition of the same era.

+1 ^^
 
I do not own either a CZ-52 or a TT33. Instead, I own a TT58. Same round, different pistol. I suspect similar charcteristics as the TT33...but that is a guess.


Apparently, my last post didn't go.. odd..

The 122mm rocket thing..

Just before the German invasion, Comrade Stalin went to one of the proving grounds to see the effectiveness of the new rocket launcher (BM-13?).

The truck/laucher arrived, no problem.

The ammo depot, unfamiliar with the 122mm rocket, sent the requisite number of 122mm artillery rounds. The two are not compatible.

Those familiar with Stalin's usual verdict for incompetance (one way ticket to Siberia) might be surprised. He took this as a lesson (He may have suspected that war was looming and he would need soldiers, even incompetant ones) Instead, he dictated that in the future, new wepon designs that incorporated new ammuntion that would not be compatible with older weapons of the same caliber would instead be given a new caliber designation, even if the ammuntion was the same size. For example, if a new better perfoming 120mm mortar was designed along with a new family of ammuntion for it, it would be classified as a 121mm mortar, so that the new ammuntion would not be mistakenly delivered for the old weapon.

That's the gist of the story, I forget where I read it. The original story had things like dates and places in it.
 
Back
Top Bottom