7.62x39 non-corrosive? Availability & Price

Scott Rhodes

Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Location
Mission BC
How available is non-corrosive 7.62x39 ammo in the lowermainland. I know the corrosive stuff is quite available and cheap, however I'm buying a robinson arms Xcr and it seems that everyone is only getting this caliber in, and no word on when they might be getting .223 which is what i originally wanted. I don't feel like putting corrosive ammo in this gun. Oh ya, any one know the price of this stuff if it's available?
 
buy the surplus ammo and spend some of the difference (between soft point non corrosive) on lots of cleaning supplies.
 
buy the surplus ammo and spend some of the difference (between soft point non corrosive) on lots of cleaning supplies.


I shoot both corrosive and non-corrosive all the time. There is no difference in the way in which it should be cleaned after shooting. It takes no more cleaning supplies, just elbow grease. Salts from corrosive primers are very easily removed with simple cleaning methods. Any service or ex-service personnel can demonstrate how easy it is to properly clean a firearm. Don't let this corrosive thing prohibit your shooting.



Added note: Ed's Red cost about 15 cents per fluid ounce if you mix it yourself, and in my opinion it works better then commercial solvents.
 
Back
Top Bottom