7.62X39 softpoint in Calgary

Thanks to frontier and proline I got fully stocked up on softpoint at the show today.

Sorry for those who followed me and got the message they were sold out.

Who is questioning in this post that you cant drop a deer with 7.62X39? You got some monster deer wherever you are if you cant do that. Let me know I'd pay big money to drop a 1 tonne deer. They dont have longhorns do they?
 
7.62 x 39 is used in more than just the SKS for some of you SKS haters out there.

And, if you think you need more than a 154gr .30 cal moving at about 2000fps to kill a 150lbs deer then you may have a case of "small gun syndrome".

It's kinda like #### measuring but not as gross.
 
7.62x39 too weak?

Hmm...

I must be wrong but I saw number of whitetail deer killed very dead with 32-20 Win within 50-90 yards range...

I think it was lever action Marlin, that's why... ;) C'mon, it's just 1/4 of energy compared to 7.62x39! 100 grain @ 1200 fps vs 123 gr @ 2400 fps.

And BTW SKS does not use 75% of energy to cycle the action. :p

s>
 
Back
Top Bottom