7.62x39 surplus ammo at Elwood Epps

I was buying it for 200 earlier this year at epps.
When I went back for more, I was surprised to see it hit 250.

I was surprised too when I had it 'back-ordered' at this price and it never came nor did anyone associated with the business have a clue when it was going to be but when it did come in it was $249.99.

Guess from April to June inflation/cost of business jumped %25.
 
That happens with precious metals - like gold, silver, brass, copper and lead... ;-)

Yeah but the thing is all these precious metals were paid for decades ago,

ie: surplus ammo from the 50,s to the 90,s the price does not go up due to copper or lead prices going up, this was made and paid for decades ago.
 
JMIDDY; "Yeah but the thing is all these precious metals were paid for decades ago,"

Since we are the importer of most of the 7.62x39 on the market I feel a need to explain a few facts here....

There are several points to consider, yes the ammo was paid for years ago, however when any government is considering replacing something they have to, at least in part, look at the current replacement cost.

In addition, scrap metal prices are so high at this time that unless we pay way above scrap value they will simply take the easy way out and scrap the ammunition in question.... After that is the "green way" these days....

Then one must look a t a few other minor changes, like ocean shipping is up again (twice in the last few months), inland shipping in Europe is up again, inland shipping in Canada is up for us, last year $550. to move a container from the port to here, now $750. + 42% fuel surcharge....

Then consider the dealers out there, out bound shipments from here are up an average of 10%-15% + 42% fuel surcharge....

If there is a cheaper way of doing it, I would sure appreciate being informed....

John
 
STRIPPERCLIPPER;
"Maybe everyone should start shooting the extra crates they have under the bed instead of buying new ones for a while. At least until the price drops. "

I like your approach, I might add we should all stop driving our cars until gas prices drop....

Ammo prices are NOT going to drop unless the vendor governments drop their prices, and that is not going to happen, they see the demand, they know there is a good market out there, they won't give the buyers any breaks....

We should be thankful that are US cousins cannot import this ammo, if they could the prices would skyrocket tomorrow....

John
 
Back
Top Bottom