7.62x54R deals

Horilka

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 99.8%
401   1   0
Location
Toronto, ON
I've been looking for a good 7.62x54R deal and noticed that there are no good one. Last year SFRC were selling for $209 for 880rnds of soviet surplus. This year they were selling for $226, now for Black Friday they increased the price to $260 and offering 15% discount. Not fair.
Any other deals around?
 
Last edited:
You guys don't have Soviet surplus, only Chinese, and for semi-auto rifles Soviet is still the best one can get along with Eastern European surplus.
 
I think Westrifle is the only one that carries actual Soviet made 7.62x54r.. the others out there are Bulgarian or Chinese… Forgive me in advance if I am wrong.

I have been thinking about getting it myself, but it's not priority at this time.
 
SFRC has soviet, other Eastern European should be good as well, it's Chinese that is not as good in semis.
Thanks for the tip on WSS, I'll check if they ship to Ontario.
 
The keyword here is semi. My M91s shoot anything you feed them, SVT likes Eastern European cuisine though. I think that pin strike on SVT is lighter, got couple of times soviet rounds that SVT won't fire 3 times in the row, put it into M91 and bang you go.
 
MY SVT with Chinese ammo has about 1 in 5 light primer strikes. Same ammo works like a charm in my Mosin.
Using Bulgarian or Romanian (I forget which) in my SVT with 100% reliability.

Had one bad batch of Chinese ammo that had 1 in 5 complete duds in any rifle even after multiple strikes. It was an entire can (440rnds), no idea what happened, ammo looked fine. Most got pulled and loaded in 303 British (my P14 has a tight bore).
 
Back
Top Bottom