7.62X54R Pricing and Comparisons

Drachenblut

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
91   0   1
Location
Smithers, B.C.
Hello,

I am in the market to buy some 7.62 X 54R and have seen a whole range of prices and manufacturers. The most common I've seen are PRVI Partisan and Czech surplus. How much do these go for, are they any good and can anyone reccomend a good buy for use in the SVT 40 Semi-Auto?

Yours,
Drach
 
I just buy cheap as I just plink if you can call it that, and usually where ever i am at the three stores I deal with, if one store is a few dollars more or less does not matter. just buy where I am at the time.
 
The PRVI is good but will generally run about 90 cents a round. Brass is reloadable. S&B is also good at the same price for FMJ. The Czech surplus will go for 50-60 cents; is corrosive, with lacquered steel case which promotes the sticky bolt syndrome in Mosins anyway. No experience in the SVT. I generally check out the gun shows and get Russian, Bulgarian, Hungarian, and sometimes Chinese or Albanian all at 50 cents per, whatever is available (limited quantities). Generally corrosive but brass cased. Bulgarian heavy ball (yellow tip) is really good.
 
Back
Top Bottom