7.63x39 : Diff. between Czech and Sellier & Bellot

Userzero

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Location
Jonquiere QC
I want to buy a case of 7.62x39,1200 rounds, and I have two choices:

Marstar : Sellier & Bellot, Berdan primed, for 225$ plus around 56$ shipping. Not sure if they are corrosive or not. They say it's high quality ball FMJ.

OR:

TradeEx : Czech 1993 Production, corrosive, 225$ Shipping included.

It's for plinking only, and I clean them after I shoot them. The shipping makes the difference, but that's about 20% more, which is not negligible to me. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help!
George
 
I was at surplus store in New West recently and they were just unloading a new shipment of Sellier 7.62x39 ammo. The cost was $180 per 1000 rounds. I was very excited as the other Sellier SP ammunition I had bought previously was non-corrosive.

I asked the store owner if they are non-corrosive and he said he was not sure so we opened a box. Unfortunately it was the same steel cased surplus ammo on stripper clips we are used to. I am 99% sure this is corrosive.

Personally I would rather go for the standard surplus stuff at it is 1140 rounds as opposed to 1000 plus you get a nice wooden ammo box.
 
Back
Top Bottom