71-84 Mauser Rear Sight

John303

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I thought I'd ask this ? here instead of gunsmithing. I'm cleaning a 71-84 and want to remove the rear
sight leaf & ladder. Is that a punch pin / threaded pin that holds them on. Like not to wreck anything
so some instruction(s) would be helpful. Than you for any input. --- John
 
.
Some things are better left alone. Too many people, when they first get a firearm, have to COMPLETELY disassemble it for "cleaning" or whatever reason.

There is really no reason to disassemble the rear sight to clean it. Simply use a spray can type of cleaner if you "must" clean it.
.
 
Nothing wrong with the advice given and thank you all. However it really depends on what one wants to accomplish,
so I have another question - is the back sight unit soldered on / brazed?? Since the gun has been "modified"
I want to refinish, as in reblue, the metal. Also is the action normally blued / left white on these guns, I've seen pics. of both.
--- John
 
Back
Top Bottom