.715 Round Ball availability

sean69

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Location
Oshawa
Anywhere in Canada to buy .715 round balls for my Bess?

I thought a .735 patched ball was supposed to work with a .020 patch ... but no dice, it got impossibly stuck!!
 
I just use thinner patch material with .735 or paper cartridges to form a sabot around it.

I had to order all my round balls both .715 and .735 from track of the wolf state side unfortunately.
 
I just use thinner patches with .735 or paper cartridges to form a sabot around it. I had to order all my round balls both .715 and .735 from track of the wolf state side unfortunately.

When I did shoot it I wound up doing just that, using the patch as a wad basically.

I went to order some .715 balls from TOTW but shipping was gonna be $30! If I was going to order them a couple hundred at a time - sure, but just to see if .715 will fit any better?? No way...

Just playing around with their shipping calculator ... 100 .715 balls is $50 + $48 shipping... in USD

grrr....
 
When I did shoot it I wound up doing just that, using the patch as a wad basically.

I went to order some .715 balls from TOTW but shipping was gonna be $30! If I was going to order them a couple hundred at a time - sure, but just to see if .715 will fit any better?? No way...

Just playing around with their shipping calculator ... 100 .715 balls is $50 + $48 shipping... in USD

grrr....

Yeah I ordered 200 rounds awhile back before our Dollar schit all over itself and rolled in it but now it's just too expensive. You can Drop Loyalist Arms an email and see if they have a supplier for round balls yet, they said they were working on it a few months back.
 
I said screw it and bit the bullet [HA!] ~ ordered a pack of .715 - if they work out I guess I'll be looking for a furnace and molds too.
 
Back
Top Bottom