.72 roundballs

Smoke73

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Looking to do some blackpowder roundball loads in a sxs shotgun and yes I understand the headache of regulation. Would anyone know were I could get my hands on some .72 cal roundballs cast in WW. About 100 would lead me down the path far enough to figure out what I'm up to.
 
I'm pretty sure that most RB molds are .715" or .735". the smaller prolly are meant for use in a shotcup, my memory is failing me, but I could check my mold list to see what I have or what is avail. on the market.
 
Ya I think most are 710 to 715 for shooting in the .72 cals eg. Pedrasolli double. They shoot ok by the sounds of it as long as they are centered with a shot cup and / or a patch as the 12 bore is .729. Was hoping to find someone to get me started with some balls as ordering one in before spring bear season may be pushing it.
 
The "Powers That Be" have said that I cannot tell folks what is in my mold catalogue, so I won't tell you that I have .680", .715", .735", I think those sizes are kinda standard, but you didn't hear it here.
 
Back
Top Bottom