...

I am sure that any similarity to a 1849 Pocket Colt is purely coincidental, where these made after the Colt patents expired?? Never heard of this type of gun but yes it is neat and double action would be a bonus if it worked.
 
The Cooper and the Remington-Rider [and of course the Remington New Model Belt Pistol ! :wave: ] were indeed cool (and advanced) percussion revolvers....:cool:

The Starr double-action .44 was supposedly quite good :yingyang: , too - but you had to be sure to "pull-through" !.....:evil:
 
cooper 31

had one of these a while back and upon dis-assembly found that many colt pocket 31 parts would fit exactly. mainspring,hand etc. apparently they copied colt so closely that colt sued and ultimately won in court and took the company as settlement. mine was single action only. nice piece with interesting tho' short history.
 
I can't stand the look of the Starrs. That's why these appealed to me moreso. It would be quite the good thing if one could find a fully functioning double action.

The handle/grip wasn't "ploughshare-enough" for ya ?....:D.....:yingyang:

Starr-users know that all that "hooey" about quick-change Remington 1858 cylinders....:nest:....simply cannot compare to the break-top !....:p
 
I have this .36 cal 4 inch gun. Seems like a nice solid gun, works fine in single and double. The action is a bit loose, but I haven't had it apart to see what it may need. I'll likely leave well enough alone.

P1030937.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom