I collect and shoot antique military cartridge rifles, mainly Snider Enfield and Martini Henry. I do not and would not use Triple 7 in any of my loads. I stick to black powder. My experience has shown me that the substitutes leave residue and crud rings ahead of the chamber which require diligent cleaning after every use similar to black powder. I am also a member of the "Brtish Militaria Forum" and I have followed many posts there about the use of Triple 7 in particular, which indicate that this powder produces pressures and pressure spikes which are unsafe in antique firearms. Oh yes...there are those who use them but only under strictest regard to volumes and to compaction. It is my rule, when shooting my antiques that considering their value and my safety that I will stick to black powder. I have Triple 7 and Pyrodex in my shop but I only use them in my modern in-line muzzle-loaders. I hope this helps. Dave