777 clean up and storage

Altaboy

New member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Location
Central Alberta
I just bought a TC Omega and I went to sight it in this afternoon using 777 pellets. I cleaned the bore between shots with spit patches followed by a couple of dry patches and that seemed to work well. After the last shot I did the same just with a couple of extra dry patches. Now what? Can I leave the gun for a few days without worrying about corrosion since I will be hunting? I am worried that if I clean the bore with solvents and lube it with oil that the point of impact will change. Any advice would be appreciated.
 
777 is still corrosive so I say clean and lube at the end of every day. I use Ballistol after cleaning and run a dry patch through before loading it in the morning. The point of impact for the first 3 shots from my muzzleloader is the same, and if it wasn't I would sight in for the first. I have taken 4 Deer in the past 3 years with this rifle and have yet to use more than one shot each. My old muzzleloader seen about 18 seasons and maybe 3 times a second shot was needed.
 
Back
Top Bottom