777 Max load

strawberry

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Edmonton Alberta
I just bought some T7 pellets 50/50 Now when I read the insert it clealry states that i sould not load more than 2 pellet(100 gr equavelent) I have been shooting 150 of pyrodex. and have read in this very form that loading 3 pellets of T7 is fine. any thoughts? :confused:
 
Ive only ever shot 2, all you really need.
I think the 777 is a bit more powerful ( not sure if thats the right term) so two is like 120 grns or something like that. My numbers are not correct just an example.
 
Ive only ever shot 2, all you really need.
I think the 777 is a bit more powerful ( not sure if thats the right term) so two is like 120 grns or something like that. My numbers are not correct just an example.

Not quite Archie...777 pellets are reduced in size compared to regular Pyrodex pellets...They are of equal BP equivalent.
It is only when you use loose 777 is there a need to cut back 15% as compared to BP or Pyro.

2 or 3 pellets, depends on your gun and hunting situation. Are you pushing the envelope for long distance shots?
There is also the "law of diminishing returns"...more recoil, noise, expense for a marginal gain in FPS. But maybe you need it for 300 yard shots.

I will leave it up to the resident expert "SheepHunter" to throw in the data (he is very knowledgeable in this area) :)

What ML are you shooting anyways?
 
Not quite Archie...777 pellets are reduced in size compared to regular Pyrodex pellets...They are of equal BP equivalent.
It is only when you use loose 777 is there a need to cut back 15% as compared to BP or Pyro.

2 or 3 pellets, depends on your gun and hunting situation. Are you pushing the envelope for long distance shots?
There is also the "law of diminishing returns"...more recoil, noise, expense for a marginal gain in FPS. But maybe you need it for 300 yard shots.

I will leave it up to the resident expert "SheepHunter" to throw in the data (he is very knowledgeable in this area) :)

What ML are you shooting anyways?

Yeah, this makes sense to me.

Maybe you bought the mag loads they are only recommending you use 2 of them?
 
Back
Top Bottom