...

:confused: O.K. so I know about the prixdeau system, however, as they are like hens teeth, I will just have to pass.

Has anyone had success in making a decent speedloader for .455 MKII for their Webley?

Yes convert it to 45 acp and use full moonclips :D

Really tho i think some guys bought 45 colt speed loaders and altered them somehow with a dremal tool just make the holes a few tho bigger then the webley cases with there wider rims will go in and lock in place you might want to cut down the length as well.
45 colt speedloader are cheep enough you could try it.

I use a 45 colt speedloader for my 45 schofield cases it works great.
 
I'm travelling right now so i can't look at it, but if i recall correctly the packaging that the loader came in said it was for a S&W model 25-5, among others. I bought it at a Walmart store in Anchorage several years ago.
 
Right on those are the ones I was looking at. They work o.k. for you?

They work. Make sure you use a VERY sharp bit, and get the loader square and solid before you start reaming, and don't press too hard or it could split. I kept the loader in a freezer for a couple hours prior to reaming becuase i thought that might make it easier to cut but i don't know if that actually helped or not.
 
There's quite a bit of variation in rim diameter on brass. The first batches of hornady .455 MKII brass were slighly smaller rims than some of the later batches - i noticed the most recent brass i bought doesn't fit as well in the loader as earlier brass. You'll have to try your brass to see what you need to do to make it work.

If you make your brass from .45 colt then the speed loader would work as is with no mods needed. That's one more good reason to make MKI length brass from .45 colt or .45 schofield brass.
 
I can confirm that the HKS loader you want to use is the 25-5.

I use schofield brass but still had to ream out the chambers of the loader. :confused: I used a dremel with a small, fine grit sanding drum and reamed them out slowly, by hand. The plastic is rather thin in some places but even by hand it wasn't too difficult. Would've been quicker if I had used a router table attachment...
 
Back
Top Bottom