7mm pinfire value?

eastcoastsoxfan

Regular
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Location
Bridgewater, NS
a friend of mine has a (or as near as I can tell) Clement & Fagnus Co Guardian American 1878 7mm Pinfire. He's thinking of selling it and asked if I could figure out a value on it.
any ideas?
Thanks



 
Yeah, how is the bore and chambers? How is the timing and lock up, general function of the action.

If the gun is tight mechanically and not all pitted out inside, I'd say 250-300$ If not, $150 or so.
 
About the same as above. Maybe less than $150 if it needs work or has bore/cylinder problems. Pinfires generally aren't very strong and require someone to be a DIY'er to shoot them at all. Making cartridges isn't actually as terrible as you'd expect, but it's a lot of work.
 
Most of the pin fires that I have seen are of Belgian make, if this one is American built then it may be in a different league.
 
Back
Top Bottom