7x57JR

7x57JR, I'm assuming you mean the 7x57R.

I have a Brno OU in 7x57R and 12ga. Before I got a 'supply', I used to form it from 303Br. brass and there's lots of that around. It isn't quite perfect but I've found it works well.

I've sent you a PM on a guy that may have some available or if not, he'll likely know where you can put your hands on some.

As for dies and reload info, go with the starting listed loads for the 7x57mm Mauser. Basically the same case capacities.
 
Hey, we have the same combo! Cool.

I have info on the 7x57R, but will take that name for the brass, thanks.

Looking at a drilling in 7x57JR - not sure if that is a variation of the same name (like the so many variations of 6.5X55) or a totally different beast.

Any more information from anyone is greatly appreciated.

Dave
 
Hey, we have the same combo! Cool.

I have info on the 7x57R, but will take that name for the brass, thanks.

Looking at a drilling in 7x57JR - not sure if that is a variation of the same name (like the so many variations of 6.5X55) or a totally different beast.

Any more information from anyone is greatly appreciated.

Dave

They are kind of a neat firearm and when I got mine I also got a set of 12ga OU shotgun barrels to go with it. The first time I saw one, my brother in law had one and he took it when we went for a ride. We spotted a 'ditch chicken', which he got and at the shot, a two point Mulie bounced out of the bush and he dropped a 7x57R shell in and got that as well. I needed one!!

A little after the fact:redface:, but I just did a quick check in 'Cartridges of The World' but didn't find any reference to the 7x57JR there either.
 
maybe it is 7x57jrs, kind of an AI

No such beast. you are confusing the 8x57jrs.
I have two 7x57r's, a Krieghoff drilling and a Merkel bockbuschflinte ( O/U combo) and two 8x57rimmed, both are Sauer drillings. "R" simply means rimmed.
The newer of my 8mms is an 8x57jrs "S" = spitzer bullet, or .323 bore. The other is 8x57jr. The letter J is interchangeable for I in German, and signifies that it is based on the military 8mm cartridge.
The early 8mm's were .318" bores for 198 gr. RN bullets, the newer versions ( after about 1920) were .323" bores designed for lighter spitzers. 7mm's were always .284 bore rifles.

teenahlake, the "S" is NOT an Ackley improved version, cases are identical except diameter of the bullet.

yellowknifedave, if you were wondering about a Sauer drilling advertised on the EE, I bought it, and it is an 8x57IR with .318 bore. The original seller was in error.
 
Back
Top Bottom